Skincare Routine | Sensitive, Acne Prone with Seborrheic Dermatitis

by - 18:57

-PARA LEER LA VERSIÓN EN ESPAÑOL, CLICK AQUÍ-

Hello everybody! I was asked to make an English version of my skincare routine post via Instagram, so hopefully, somebody can find this entry useful. Normally, I write these type of posts only in Spanish, not just because they are quite long to read, but also because I don't know if all the products are available in other parts of the world; I know that some brands, such as La Roche-Posay, are international, but I'm not sure about the rest. I hope my English is still good and you can understand everything that I want to say.

I'll start by telling all of you that this routine is based on what a dermatologist recommends for my skin issues, I've been going to a professional for more than 10 years now, I think, and some years ago I decided to go to a new doctor because I felt that the previous one was ripping me off. At least I don't feel the same thing about the one that I go now because he always says that he recommends products, not brands, although sometimes he says that I overreact a bit with my skin problems, I guess everybody with similar issues has heard the same thing, right?

My skin is sensitive, acne prone and I also suffer from seborrheic dermatitis. When I was younger I thought that my acne would disappear when I got older, but it's not the case, though it's more controlled now than when I was a teenager. For many years, I've been looking for a "miracle" to get rid of seborrheic dermatitis, but I'm afraid there isn't one out there. The only things that I seem to have discover in all these years is that I'm always stressed -stress is link to SD- as well as that my flaky skin improves with hot weather and it's at its worst in winter with really cold weather. Having said that, I'm pretty sure that seborrheic dermatitis goes its own way.

After this brief introduction, I will now continue by telling you the products that are part of my skincare routine since last winter:


Aquafoam by Endocare. This is the cleanser that I have been using for the last couple of years to wash my face every day and night. It is a very gentle product suitable for all skin types, including sensitive and reactive as well as for oily and acne prone ones. The texture that it has it's like if it was mist and in order to use it, first of all you have to moist your face, then apply a bit of the product and massage your face to remove all the dirt of your skin (it's also suitable as a make-up remover). After this, dry your face, I do it patting gently my face with a small towel.
I haven't had any problem with Aquafoam in all these years using it, but lately, I've been having this doubt about if it's maybe to gentle when my skin breakouts because after cleansing my face I've noticed that I tend to have some flakes left. I always thought that this was due to the moisturiser for not being enough hydrating, but I just thought that this also could be taken into account. Anyway, if I go to my doctor soon, I will ask about it and let you know.

Effaclar Duo + by La Roche-Posay. This was also recommended by my dermatologist to treat my acne and it is a strong product for my skin. When I used it for the first time in winter my skin became very patchy and flaky so I only use this product when my skin is good: it maybe just one night, or not using it for a couple of days, but I can't seem to use it for a long period of time at the moment. It is true that it helps to reduce acne, that's why I'm still using it, and hopefully I will be able to use it more during summer.

Toleriane Ultra by La Roche-Posay. This is the eye contour that I've been using these last months thanks to the recommendations by Vir (x) and Cristina (x). I was looking for an eye cream without caffeine and this one came up and I decided to give it a try. This product is suitable for sensitive and reactive skin types because it is very gentle, but light and hydrating at the same time; although it sometimes seems to leave a juicy skin, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like this or it's because it needs some time to be absorbed. By the way, the one that you see in the picture above is the second bottle that I own and the packaging seems to be worse than the previous one because a lot of product comes out every time now.

Kelual DS by Ducray. This is one of the many creams to treat seborrheic dermatitis that I have used, before this one I was using Sebumlaude DS by Cumlaude and I don't find many differences between them. The texture that it has it's lighter than the Clarifex DS by IFC but not as light as the Kerium DS by La Roche-Posay. However, I need to say that usually, even when my skin it's at its best, the sides of my nose tend to be flaky and red, but since I started using this cream (I'm not sure if it's only because of this) they're not like that anymore; I still have breakout, but when my skin is not that bad, the sides of my nose are not as red and flaky as they were before.
I use this cream every day and night if my skin is in a bad condiition or having a breakout and I combine it with Effaclar Duo + if it's better so I can treat acne as well.


Basically, these are the four products that I use every day. however, I also need to mention two other products (click here to see them) that I tend to use more in winter, when my skin it's at its worse. Firstly, Rizan 1% which I use as it were a make-up primer to try to smooth my skin. Then, Protopic 0,1% which I think it's the best product to treat breakouts that I have tried; when one happens, I put this in all of the affected areas twice a day (if it's possible) and in three or four days my skin gets a bit better for sure. It's a product with a sticky texture and my skin itches a little when I put it, but it is also the most reliable one.


To sum up, I hope that this post helps people with the same skin issues as me to not feel alone. I recommend you to visit a doctor if you think you have some skin condition and you haven't found out yet. I thank my dermatologist for all the recommendations and I really wish I could help someone with this entry. 

You May Also Like

1 Secrets

  1. Thank you for post this blog and it seems good information, which can helps more and to get better solution.
    skin doctor in Bangalore

    ResponderEliminar

Agradezco de verdad todos vuestros comentarios / I really appreciate all your comments

- No spam, no enlaces, no insultos permitidos / No spam, no links, no insults allowed.

:)